- This event has passed.
Climate and Culture 2021
June 29, 2021 @ 9:30 am - June 30, 2021 @ 11:30 am EDT
The Global Foundation for the Performing Arts has established a mutually beneficial partnership with UNITAR. Last year, the two entities presented the annual conference: “The Sustainable Development of Classical Music – Securing the Future of Performance”.
In March this year, GFPA launched a two-day, two-session webinar “Leaving No One Behind: Validating ALL Voices of Culture” to discuss diversity and gender equalities in the culture sector.
This June, GFPA is curating a conference of the same format, “Building Back Better: Climate & Culture”, to discuss topics directly related to Health and Well-being (SDG3), Affordable and Clean Energy (SDG7), Decent Work and Economic Growth (SDG8), Sustainable Cities and Communities (SDG11) and Climate Action (SDG13).
The United Nations has declared 2021 as the “International Year of Creative Economy for Sustainable Development”. The creative economy is expansive, and its actors are diverse. Artists will be essential for “building back better” after the COVID-19 crisis with new forms of creativity, presentation and models to advance our society.
“Building Back Better: Climate & Culture” will raise questions and invite learned input. How are we adapting our presentations to reduce our impact? Can the performing arts translate the science of climate change to connect to a wider audience? Has the pandemic changed the way we will operate? Who is inspiring you in this arena? GFPA exists to recognise and advance the importance of artists and cultural practice. Direct dialogue between international cultural leaders and policy-makers is vital to effect positive change and we extend our gratitude to UNITAR for enabling this forum.
29 & 30 June, 2021
- 09:30 – 11:30 New York, EDT
- 14:30 – 16:30 London, BST
- 15:30 – 17:30 Geneva, CEST
Speakers (Alpha order by Surname):
- David BAILE – CEO, International Society for the Performing Arts
- Anna CERNEAZ – Director, Spring Bay Mill
- Inge CEUSTERMANS – General Director, The Festival Academy
- Teemu KIRJONEN – General Manager, Lahti Symphony Orchestra
- Jonathan KRANE – Founder & CEO, Trella Group
- Pamela LOPEZ – Director of Programming and Audiences, GAM Cultural Center
- Stéphane NOËL – Artistic & Executive Director, Materialise
- Nicholas PAYNE – Director, Opera Europa
- Gwendolenn SHARP – Founder, The Green Room
- Freeman Hui SHEN – Founder & CEO, WM Motor Technology Group
- Henry SOUTHERN – Manager: Tours & Projects, HarrisonParrott
- Ben TWIST – Director, Creative Carbon Scotland
- Lu ZHANG – Founder & Managing Partner, Fusion Fund