The China International Music Competition, with the mission of promoting the exchange of different music cultures and nurturing musical ambassadors for world peace, was officially launched in 2019 by the Global Music Education League and China Conservatory of Music.
The competition brings together internationally prominent musicians, performers and pedagogues to form a distinguished jury panel, and collaborates with the world’s leading orchestras and music institutions to build a platform of exchange and performance at the highest level for generations of young musicians.
The discipline of the 2020 competition is violin and it will be held in Beijing on May 1st – 11th, 2020.
1. China International Music Competition will be held in Beijing from May 1 to 11, 2020. It was launched jointly by the Global Music Education League (GMEL) and China Conservatory of Music (CCM).
2. The discipline of the 2020 competition is violin.
3. Violinists must be between sixteen and twenty-eight years of age on the opening date of the competition (May 1, 2020)
4. The CIMC Organizing Committee will provide a round-trip, economy-class air or train tickets between his/her place of residence and Beijing for all competitors advanced into the preliminary round.
5. All competitors will be provided with hotel accommodations from April 30 through the end of the competition. Competitors will, however, be responsible for their own accommodations on any days outside of this time period.
6. Foreign competitors will be responsible for obtaining their passports and any necessary visas.
7. The CIMC Organizing Committee reserves the right to make changes to the rules if circumstances dictate, but not later than two months before the opening of the competition. In case of any difference between the Chinese and English-language versions of texts and rules, the Chinese-language version will be considered definitive.
Violinists should submit Application Form and a performance clip to the designated website of the competition https://cimc-violin-apply.gmel.org.cn/index_en.html by January 31, 2020.