Wigmore Hall International String Quartet Competition 2022
We are delighted to announce new dates in April 2022 for the Wigmore Hall International String Quartet Competition, postponed from April 2021.
The triennial Wigmore Hall International String Quartet Competition (formerly The London International String Quartet Competition) has been held under the auspices of Wigmore Hall since July 2010. Embracing the entire string quartet tradition, it requires contestants to perform Classical, Romantic and contemporary repertoire.
Now even more widely recognised as one of the world’s most prestigious quartet competitions, the event has benefited from its direct association with a leading venue for chamber music, and offers the winning ensembles outstanding opportunities for career development.
- attracts string quartets of the highest calibre, with members aged under 35, who are keen to pursue performing careers at the highest level
- provides valuable opportunities for feedback from jury members drawn from chamber musicians of global stature
- provides opportunities for participants to meet their peers from other countries and to exchange ideas on performance, technique and repertoire
- provides a vital public platform from which young musicians can break into the world of professional performance at the highest level.
Applications are now open; they close on Thursday 3 December 2020.
- Application Deadline Date: December 3, 2020