Wigmore Hall International String Quartet Competition 2021
“We regret to announce that due to the restrictions imposed by the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19), we have taken the decision to postpone the 2021 Wigmore Hall International String Quartet Competition until April 2022.”
The triennial Wigmore Hall International String Quartet Competition (formerly The London International String Quartet Competition) has been held under the auspices of Wigmore Hall since July 2010. Embracing the entire string quartet tradition, it requires contestants to perform Classical, Romantic and contemporary repertoire.
Now even more widely recognised as one of the world’s most prestigious quartet competitions, the event has benefited from its direct association with a leading venue for chamber music, and offers the winning ensembles outstanding opportunities for career development.
- attracts string quartets of the highest calibre, with members aged under 35, who are keen to pursue performing careers at the highest level
- provides valuable opportunities for feedback from jury members drawn from chamber musicians of global stature
- provides opportunities for participants to meet their peers from other countries and to exchange ideas on performance, technique and repertoire
- provides a vital public platform from which young musicians can break into the world of professional performance at the highest level.
Applications are now open; they close on Thursday 3 December 2020.
- Application Deadline Date (year-month-day): 2020-12-03