International Jascha Heifetz Competition for Violinists 2021
The International Jascha Heifetz Competition for Violinists 2021 will take place between 16 January-25 February, in several stages:
- I and II Rounds will be held remotely from participants’ video recordings made especially for this Competition.
- I Round Auditions will be broadcasted online 30-31 January 2021. (Results of the I Round will be announced at the end of broadcasting).
- II Round Auditions will be broadcasted online on 02 February 2021. (Results of the II Round will be announced at the end of broadcasting).
- The Final of the International Jascha Heifetz Competition for Violinists 2021 will take place live in Vilnius on 24-25 February 2021 at the Lithuanian National Philharmonic (Ausros vartu str. 5, Vilnius) with the Lithuanian National Symphony Orchestra conducted by Modestas Barkauskas
The twentieth century has given humanity a host of brilliant violinists. Jascha Heifetz is a star of the first magnitude within this constellation of artists.
Born in 1901 in Vilnius, the city much loved by its inhabitants from many cultures, and referred to as the ‘Jerusalem of the North’ by Jews from all over the world, throughout his life Jascha Heifetz treasured the memory of his home-life and musical atmosphere, as well as the influence of the multi-cultural environment experienced in his early days.
Heifetz gave his first public concert in Kaunas, Lithuania, in 1907, at the age of six. In 1912, Heifetz achieved European fame after his concert in Berlin, followed by international acclaim in the USA, which became his second home.
The brilliance of Heifetz‘ artistry has become a shining example for all violinists of our time. Professor Yuri Grigoryev defines the unique feature of this musician as the subconscious improvisation underpinned by the architecture of ancient Vilnius: it conveys its grandeur, classical harmony and expressive architectural variety.
- Application Deadline Date (day-month-year) : 10-12-2020