Lyon International Chamber Music Competition 2022
The 17th Lyon International Chamber Music Competition will be dedicated to cello and piano.
The Competition is open to artists of all nationalities born after April, 18th 1990.
- Elisso Virssaladze (piano, Georgian)
- Alexander Rudin (cello, Russian)
- Frans Helmerson (cello, Swedish)
- Nabil Shehata (double-bass and Artistic director of Südwestfalen Philharmonie, German-Egyptian)
- Emmanuelle Bertrand (cello, French)
- Marie-Josèphe Jude (piano, French)
- Stefan Mendl (piano, Austrian)
The closing date for applications is December 1st 2021 at midnight (Paris time).
Candidates must submit the following documents:
- Duly completed application form in an excel compatible format (.xlsx)
- Duly completed Biography and repertoire form, in a word compatible format (.doc)
- A recent photograph of the duo (black and white, 300 dpi, size min. 10 cm x 15 cm)
- Copy (100 dpi, jpg or pdf file) of identity card or passport of each musician
- Application fee of 150 € per duo (non-refundable if the duo withdraws from the competition, or if the duo is not pre-selected)
- An internet link to the video recording of the pre-qualifying round (youtube, dropbox, etc.)
The Lyon International Chamber Music Competition 2022 will be held at the Conservatoire national supérieur de musique et de danse de Lyon, the Université Lumière – Grand Amphithéâtre, and the Opéra de Lyon.
Created on the initiative of Joël Nicod in 2004, horn player at the Orchestre National de Lyon and professor of chamber music at the Conservatoire, the international chamber music competition of Lyon immediately showed its ambition to become an essential moment in the beginning of young artists’ careers.
Seven disciplines alternate over the years: piano trio, string quartet, wind quintet, brass quintet, voice and piano, cello and piano, violin and piano, revealing both new chamber music players and an immense repertoire.
The benefits for the laureates, the coverage of the media and institutions of the musical world, the presence of a large audience, were strong axes of development. In this way, more than 1200 artists, representing some 30 different nationalities, have already taken part in this competition.
- Application Deadline Date: December 1, 2021