The AIBE mission is to promote Ballet Education by providing training, performance and development opportunities for students, dancers, teachers and choreographers. And to further the art of Ballet through exchange, exposure and cooperation around the world, regardless of gender, colour, marital status, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation or religion.
AIBE will achieve its mission –
- by committing to exchange and cooperation between ballet companies and dance schools. Dancers and students will be provided greater opportunities through exposure to a diverse range of expertise from around the world.
- by giving new choreographers opportunities to reach more dancers. In this way, choreographers can share their experience and deepen their craft.
- by supporting emerging dancers and choreographers with guidance, financial assistance and mentoring.
- by creating platforms, where dancers (professional or amateur), can access advice and scholarships (for study and/or travel).
- by embracing community participation, offering greater access to Ballet as an art form, thereby sharing hope, love and beauty.
The AIBE is intended to promote ballet education around the world and enhance the exchange and cooperation of the ballet art form among countries. Through the establishment of various activities, the AIBE will further build a ballet art exchange platform, to promote ballet with its long history and value, and to share foremost information.
The AIBE is based at the Beijing Dance Academy and comprises an international board of 12 founding members.